In this article, we're showing how to exchange the cryptocurrency back to the FIAT currency on Bitstamp. In our example, we're exchanging Ethers (ETH) to Euros (EUR), however, you can apply the same procedure for any other currencies that you may keep on Bitstamp (or on any other crypto exchange).
- Go to www.bitstamp.net and login to your account.
- Below the main menu, you'll find a notification about a successful deposit from the previous step.
- First, you'll have to choose the two currencies between which you want to exchange: in the far left upper corner, click the blue link and choose the appropriate currency pair from the list - in our case ETH/EUR. Click Buy/Sell in the upper menu, then Instant Order (Simple) in the left menu. Then click Sell ETH:
- The INSTANT ORDER form opens:
- Available: the amount of Ethers (ETH), available on your account.
- Under I Want To Sell, enter the exact amount in Ethers which you want to exchange to Euros. WARNING: Note that Bitstamp uses a decimal dot number format standard (not a decimal comma as in some other standards)!
- Subtotal: an approximate amount of EUR which you can expect at the current exchange rate.
- Bitstamp fee for this transaction (depending on the amount).
- Approx. EUR to receive shows approximately how much EUR you can expect according to the current exchange rate (Bitstamp's fee already deducted).
- Click SELL ETH.
- The Instant order is now open and waiting to be processed, shortly:
- To check whether your currency exchange has been processed, choose the Account menu. Below, you'll find the Account balance for all the currencies on your account. When you notice that your ETH balance has decreased and your EUR balance has increased accordingly, you'll know that the exchange has been successfully processed.
You can keep your Euros on your Bitstamp account for later use, or you can choose to withdraw them, as explained in the following article: (d) Bitstamp: withdrawing EUR to your bank account.
Should you need any additional support, please contact the competent provider.