Your Bitstamp account is now registered, verified, and protected and thereby ready for a safe deposit.
- Log in to your Bitstamp account.
- By default, your account is set to operate with the currencies BTC (bitcoin) and USD (US dollars), but we will be depositing EUR and buying ETH (ethereum or ether), so first we will have to change the currencies. In the upper left menu, click on BTC/USD and then, in the drop-down menu, click ETH/EUR. (You may also choose ETH/USD if you’re operating with US dollars, but in these instructions, we are showing an example of depositing euros.)
Now you can see the chosen currencies in the upper row:
- In this step, we’re showing an example of depositing EUR via a bank inside EU, but you can also choose among other options. Click Deposit in the upper menu, then EU Bank (SEPA) in the left menu.
- Fill in your First Name and your Last Name.
- Under Account Balance, chose Euro (or USD if needed).
- Under Amount (EUR), enter the amount of euros that you want to deposit on your Bitstamp account.
(In our example, we’re depositing 5000 EUR.)
- Click DEPOSIT below.
- On the basis of your input in the previous form, Bitstamp will present you with the data you need for your SEPA money transfer. Please, read all the notices on the form carefully.
- An important point is the Message number. You have to include this number in your bank deposit message, so that Bitstamp will know this is your account.
- Now fill in the SEPA form with your information (debtor/payer) and Bitstamp’s data (creditor/beneficiary). You can do this either at your bank or as an online payment.
- Debtor (you):
- Your bank account number (IBAN), your name, address, and country.
- You have to make sure to include the message number in debtor’s data (under a field such as a reference, debtor identifier, message, customer number, or similar).
- Creditor (Bitstamp):
- Use the data provided in the previous step (Bitstamp’s name, address, IBAN).
- Their bank’s SWIFT BIC code is: GORESI2X.
- You can leave the reference field blank.
- Debtor (you):
- When your deposit has been confirmed by Bitstamp (within 1–3 business days), you will receive a notification via e-mail:
- In your Bitstamp account, your deposit will look like this:
- In our example, the amount in EUR is 5000, and beside it, there is its approximate current value in ethers.
You may now continue to the following step: (5) Exchanging your funds to ETH.